Current projects (click for more details):
An innovative analytical platform to investigate the effect and toxicity of micro and nano plastics combined with environmental contaminants on the risk of allergic disease in preclinical and clinical studies.
Ethical and Legal issues of Mobile Health‐Data – Improving understanding and eXPlainability of digitaL
- PERPHECT: Deep Generative Networks for Bacteriophage Genetic Edition. December 2019 – novembre 2021. Funding: SNF – Swiss National Science Foundation – Program Spark
- MALDIVES: Machine Learning DIagnostic Sol. 2017 – 2019. Funding: HES-SO. In collaboration with Changins.
- INPHINITY: Method for extracting rules from Deep Neural Networks. July 2016 – December 2020. Funding: SNF – Swiss National Science Foundation -Interdisciplinary project. In collaboration with UNIL & Inselspital
- FISHGUARD: a fast, cost-effective, user-friendly and in-field screening test. April 2015 – March 2018. Funding: European Eurostars-2 program. In collaboration with BioScientia & BIOTEM
- D-rex: Deep Rule EXtraction. March 2016 – August 2017. Funding: hasler Foundation.
- BOSS Explorer: Development and integration of new methods for exploration, selection, and visualization of diagnostic signatures. January 2016 – December 2016. National Funding: CTI Agency. In collaboration with SimplicityBio Sa
- HP-FuzzyBio: High-peformance Pipeline for Fuzzy Modelling in Bioinformatics. 2013-2014. National Funding: RCSO. In collaboration with Hepia (Geneva University of Applied Sciences)
- DiagnoSuite: Suite of data analysis and data management tools for discovering, developing, deploying, and exploiting biomarker-based diagnostic screening tests. 2013-2014. National Funding: CTI Agency. In collaboration with Diagnoplex SA, Epalinges, Switzerland.
- nanoFUGE: FUzzy modelling Gene-Expression data from Nanostring technology. 2010-2014. National Funding: SNSF Project. In collaboration with the University of Geneva and the University Hospitals of Geneva. In the frame of the SNSF Project “Leukaemia diagnosis using Nanotechnology”.
- ISyPeM: Intelligent Integrated Systems for Personalized Medicine. 2010-2013. National Funding: Nano-Tera Initiative. Member of a large consortium of several Swiss universities.
- TIC4AGRO: Revealing new opportunities for small-scale fruit growers in Colombia by harnessing time in a collaborative site-specific agricultural setup. 2012. National funding: KFH Agency.
- Smart Building: Système de gestion énergétique des bâtiments basé sur des techniques d’intelligence artificielle (System for energetic management of buildings based on artificial intelligence). 2010-2012. National funding: RCSO. In collaboration with Fribourg University of Applied Sciences.
- PharMEA: Multi-Electrode Array technology based platform for industrial pharmacology and toxicology drug screening. 2009-2011. European Funding: FP7 European project, Research for SMEs instrument. In collaboration with a consortium of several European universities and SMEs.
- HiperBio: High-performance reconfigurable computing toolset and development methodology for bioinformatics and computational biology applications. 2009-2010. National funding: RCSO.
- NavMedia: Navigation and exploration of self-organized business media. 2008-2009. National Funding: CTI Agency. In collaboration with the Ipseité SA, Ecublens, Switzerland.
- MyDeskPerso: Moteur de personnalité artificielle pour le robot-jouet Mydeskfriend. 2008-2009. National Funding: CTI Agency. In collaboration with Arimaz SA, Renens, Switzerland.
FASTPricer: FPGA-based Accelerating Solution for Parallel Synthetic CDO Pricer. 2008-2009. National Funding: CTI Agency. In collaboration with Risk Metrics Group and IOxOS Technologies, Switzerland.