Active in “Information retrieval” and “Data Analysis”, I am curently involved in projects on:
Analysis of Large Volumes of Data
- CrowdStreams (HES-SO grant, 2015-2016): Real-time analysis and monitoring of mobility in the proximity of big events using Apache Spark and ML-LIB machine-learning library.
- SR-DLP (Hasler Foundation grant, 2013-2014): Efficient and Scalable Near Duplicate Detection for Content-based Data Leakage Detection, comparison of four MapReduce algorithms.
- Ef-NDD (RCSO grant, 2012-2013): Efficient Near Duplicate Detection. Improving the efficiency of Near Duplicate Detection algorithms for security audit.
- RT-DLP (Contract for Crossing-Tech SA, 2014-2015): Real-Time Content-based Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Technology Feasibility Study. Comparison of Spark, Storm, Hadoop and Hbase for the implementation of a scalable DLP tool.
Semantic Data Analysis
- Thesauro (RCSO grant): Thesaurus Automatic Reorganization. Association rules mining on the RTS (Radio Télévision Swiss Romande) archive to restructure their thesaurus. The result prototype is currently used at the RTS.
- ClusterSITG (Contract for l’état de Génève, 2012-2013): Automatic clustering and semantic linking of the geographical metadata of the terms used by “Service des Systèmes d’Information et de Géomatique (SSIG) de l’état de Genève”.
- Health Social Media Monitoring (prototype for SwissRe Life & Health R&D, 2011-2012) : A tweet classification prototype to analyse patients, diseases and medications.
- NDD (Contract for Price WaterhouseCoopers, 2010-2011): Design and implementation of Near Duplicate Detection algorithms with high precision. The result was an audit tool tested and exclusively used for one year by PWC.
Applications related to Arts and Cultural Heritage
- Livre Artist (Contract for Bibliothèque National Suisse, 2014-2015): Extraction and analysis of annotations from the complete bibliographic collection possessed by Bibliothèque National Suisse (BNS) in order to characterize artistic works.
- Mobilwalk (RCSO grant, 2009-2011): A generic platform to provide multimedia- based services to the users on the move.
- NotreHistoireMobile (Contract for RTS, 2011-2012): Mobile applications on iOS and Android developed following the Mobiwalk platform for the RTS notrehistoire.ch.
- Thesauro (RCSO grant): Automatic Reorganization. Association rules mining on the RTS (Radio Télévision Swiss Romande) archive to restructure their thesaurus. The result prototype is currently used at the RTS.
- Walking-the-edit (Contract for ECAL, 2008-2009).
In the past, I have been working on audiovisual retrieval for cultural heritage applications
- User oriented video querying and browsing
- Audiovisual description standards
- MPEG-7 querying
- Video annotation systems